Super and Jumbo Ready Plants
Super and Jumbo ready plants are the largest sized bedding plants that we sell and are very easy to look after. They are despatched later in the season as we have grown them to a larger size for you and are ready to be planted straight out into the garden.
Super ready plants measure approximately 7-11cm in height from the root of the plant to the top of the stem. Super ready plants are sold in trays in 24.
Prices start at £11.99 for 24 plants.
Jumbo ready plants measure approximately 8-12cm in height from the root of the plant to the top of the stem. Jumbo ready plants are sold in trays of 24, 12 and 6.
Prices start at £9.99 for 12 plants.
We sell a full range of summer and winter flowering Super and Jumbo ready plants. Summer flowering Super and Jumbo ready plants are sold in the spring, and despatched in April to the end of May. Varieties include Geraniums, Fuchsias, Petunia, Impatiens, Osteospermum and lots more. Most varieties will flower from May through to first frost.
We sell winter flowering plants in the autumn. These are despatched in mid August to October – varieties include Cyclamen, Pansies, Polyanthus and more. Most varieties will flower from the autumn through to the spring and bring wonderful splashes of colour to your winter garden.
When your garden bedding plants arrive
1. Upon arrival, keep trays indoors in a well-lit, draught free area for 24 hours.
2. If the compost is a little dry, stand the tray in shallow water. If unable to water from beneath, spay water lightly over the tray, and then place in a position where there is adequate airflow to dry the excess water from the leaves.
3. Once the compost is moist allow the tray to drain.
4. There may be some loose compost or a slight yellowing of the leaves which is a consequence of the plants being shipped.
5. This will not affect the condition of the mature plants.
1. Water the plants 1-2 hours prior to growing on.
2. Gently remove the garden ready plants from the tray by pushing up from the bottom using a pencil or similar implement.
3. Transfer the plants into small pots or seed trays filled with good purpose multi purpose compost
4. Water the plants well once, and then do not water again until the compost is nearly dry or the plants are wilting.
5. Place the plants in a warm well-lit area but out of direct sunlight.
6. Apply a liquid fertiliser after 2-3 weeks.
7. If there is a risk of frost – pot on the plants and keep indoors until all risk of frost has passed.
1. For Spring Bedding Plants, once the risk of frost has passed your bedding plants can be planted outside.
2. Harden off the plants prior to planting out, by placing the plants outside during the day and bringing in at night for 2 weeks.
3. Water plants 1-2 hours prior to planting out.
4. Once planted water the plants well.
5. To establish the growth of young plants, it is important that you water regularly especially during dry sunny spells and again in late evening.
6. If after planting out there is a risk of frost, cover the plants at night with an old sheet.